Retail Email Newsletter is essential for your business because it engages your subscribers to your products. Find out how to create a good one.
There are three general types of business – a manufacturing, retail and a service type of business.
A manufacturing type of business involves the production of goods. This is commonly applied to industrial production that uses tools/machines and labor.
A retail type of business involves the buying and selling of goods.
A service business is a type of business that involves the rendering of services such as those rendered by professionals.
Let’s focus on the retail type of business. A retail business involves the selling of merchandise to the public. You buy goods in large quantities from wholesalers and manufacturers and then sell them directly to consumers or other distributors.
If you are a retailer, you belong in the middle of the supply chain. You act as middleman between a wholesaler/manufacturer and the consumers.
Retailing can be described as selling of physical goods from a fixed location called a store. But today, you can now do retailing without a store through the internet.
The processes involved in retailing still applies except that you don’t have to put up a physical store in a fixed location. Your merchandise will be displayed online through pictures with descriptions. The following are the basic essentials when establishing an online store:
- A customer friendly website
- Suppliers who will provide you with the merchandise you need
- Consumers or customers who will buy your products
- A good marketing plan and effective marketing tools
- Means of communication
- Customer Transactions
In retailing, your means of communication with your customers is very important. That is why saving the emails of your members are crucial. These members consist of your potential and existing customers. If you have the emails of your customers, you know where to direct your sales promotions and updates.
If you are strictly an online retail business, the email serves as the medium or the vehicle to be able to connect with your customers. The email serves as your means of communication with your customers.
Your online retailing business is already established and running. What’s next? The main purpose of setting up an online store is to sell and make profit. But how do you make it online? This is where sales copies and email newsletters come in.
Email newsletters and sales copies are effective ways to increase your sales and grow your business. Sending email newsletter and sales copies to your members or customers are marketing strategies. This is a way of establishing connection on a continuous basis with your clients and customers. Sales Copies and Newsletters feature announcements, press releases, special promotions and product launches.
But how do you create an engaging newsletter that will encourage your clients and customers to make a purchase or avail of your services? Here are some guidelines on writing your sales copy:
- Make your message short, simple and direct
- Your headline should be powerful enough to call for attention
- Maintain the attention of your customers by creating an attractive headline
- Make sure that the important highlights of your newsletter are pronounced and clear
- Catch the interest of your customers by writing an interesting newsletter
- Offer a no risk product for your customers through money back guarantees
- Make your customers act by directing them to your page
- Provide testimonials
- Provide useful information in your sales copies
- Ensure interaction with your customers by providing your contact information that is directly linked to your website
- Inspire and encourage them to make a purchase by providing discounts and rewards
- Your newsletter should be error free – no misspelled words and incorrect grammar
- The approach of the newsletter should be inviting and friendly. Don’t force people to buy. Just present them with the rewards and benefits that they can get when they buy.