Opt In Marketing is a popular term, but do you really know what it’s all about? Here is a deeper look into opt in marketing.
Email marketing is a popular and effective way to advertise your products and services. It comes in second to search marketing as one of the most productive online marketing strategies which you can use to advertise your products. Email marketing uses commercial electronic messages that is distributed to potential customers or existing customers mainly to build relationships and stimulate loyalty and trust. You also use email marketing for the following reasons:
- To inform the existence of your company and the products and services that you offer
- To give updates of new products and services and promos
- To request business and ask for donations
- To send advertisements and encourage purchase
- To remind customers about your products and services
Email marketing comes in three forms: email newsletters, transactional emails and direct emails. It is one of the best new ways to promote your business and increase revenues; however, it carries some disadvantages. Email marketing maybe a powerful marketing tactic for your company but there remain issues about deliverability and bulk emails known as spam.
Though you are sending legitimate emails, there is still a possibility that your commercial email maybe caught by filters and become hidden. To address this issue and eliminate the disadvantages of email marketing, Opt in Marketing was developed.
Opt in marketing is a form of advertising wherein the receiver consented to receive your email newsletters. Opt in marketing is sometimes called permission marketing because you ask first the explicit permission of your potential customer before you can send your promotional messages. Why do many companies use opt in marketing in their marketing strategies? And why should you use it too? The following are the benefits why you should include opt in marketing into your marketing mix:
- You single out the customers that is best suited for your company
- It allows you to speak directly to your potential and existing customers. Because of this, convincing your customers to make a purchase becomes easier and faster.
- It gives you a direct lead on where you will focus your marketing efforts. It eliminates chasing dead leads and you don’t trouble yourself with uninterested customers.
- It helps you retain your customers by keeping them aware of your promotions and special offers.
- Opt in marketing helps you build a good name and strong reputation. If you provide honest and useful information to your customers, there is a high likelihood of gaining a loyal following.
- It ensures a great return of investment with the least expenses. The only expense that you will probably incur is the cost of your email marketing software.
Opt in marketing helps you build trust while promoting your products. In case you decide to use email marketing in promoting your products, here are some tips on how you will make your emails and newsletters effective.
- The content of your newsletters should be direct, short, informative and strong. You encourage sales and transactions from your potential and current customers therefore you must make a strong and persuasive newsletter that can’t go wrong. Moreover, make sure that you only provide honest and useful information to make it more appealing and attractive to your readers.
- Make sure to include links in your newsletter directly to your website
- Avoid heavy promotions in your newsletters. Know how to mix and match by blending content articles with sales promotions.
- A well designed newsletter is attention grabbing. Compel your readers to spare some minutes of their time to read your newsletters by creating a well designed newsletter. Use the right font size, observe proper margins and spacing.
- Choose a headline that will stand out. Use bold yet friendly fonts.