SEO Beginners Guide will help you if you are not familiar with SEO or its purpose. Here are some quick tips that you can use for your business.
Search Engine Optimization known simply as SEO is the process of making your site visible. It is an online marketing strategy that uses the natural way or the unpaid type of advertising by dominating the search engines.
Simply defined, Search Engine Optimization is the process of making your website visible and accessible to the different search engines and to various search engine users.
If you own a website and you want to drive sales, you need to optimize your site, meaning you must make your site obvious and clearly visible to your potential customers. To be able to do this, you must use Search Engine Optimization.
The primary goal of SEO is to make your website rank high in the different search engines. How do you do this? To be able to understand Search Engine Optimization better, you must first know its components. There are basically three components of SEO and they are the following:
- Content – Content, also known as web content is the information you place in your website. It is what drives search engine rankings. It refers to the textual and visual content of your website. Content is very important because it is the key in search engine optimization.
- Website Design – To have a high ranking website in the search engines, do not overload your website with too much images, animations and graphics. The secret of successful websites are their simple web designs – easy to navigate pages, fast loading of animations and with small bandwidths. Design your website to look clean and professional looking. Search engines don’t look for pretty websites; they look for content because that is what search engine users look for.
- Well-written Meta Tags – Meta tags are tags or coding statements used in HTML. Meta tags describe the content of a website and make it easier for the search engines to index a page. The most important kinds of Meta tags in search engine indexing are the Meta tag keywords and Meta tag descriptions. Make sure that your Meta tags are well written to make it search engine friendly.
SEO considers how search engine works, the keywords or search terms used by people to find a website or something, what people usually search for, and which search engines are usually used by search engine users. To be able to dominate the search engines and make your website rank high, you should know how to make use of search engine optimization.
If you want to use SEO as your marketing strategy, here are some basic guidelines:
- Obtain a domain and a host for your website.
- What word best describes your product? This word will be the keyword or keyword phrases that you will use on the title of your website. Also you will use these words to make your website visible to your potential customers.
- Your website must have a title. The title represents your website, which means it provides information about your website.
- Use of keywords – Be careful with how you use your keywords. Keywords determine the categories in which the search engines have listed you. Don’t overuse your keywords. Keyword density is important.
- Content – You must write a good and compelling content in your website as well as with your email newsletters, sales copies and in your articles. Remember, content is the king. It is a crucial foundation to achieve high rankings.
If you are a beginner in SEO, then there’s a lot that you must learn. To be able to master Search Engine Optimization, you must make yourself familiar with it. Read, research, attend seminars, and attend tutorials about SEO.
SEO is complex and needs a lot of work. You cannot learn the basics of Search Engine optimization overnight. It takes days and months so you can fully master SEO. Moreover, it takes time to be able to achieve high page ranking in the search engines when using Search Engine Optimization but it is worth it. Learn how to be patient.