These years have been the heydays of social media. Various networking sites such as Face Book and Twitter exist. There is You Tube where people continuously upload and watch videos. More people are creating their own blogs. And a lot of people are going online to get information, to interact and to share.
More people are turning to social media. Just a few years ago, though little social media exists it wasn’t this popular. Now, we couldn’t even see ourselves without it. Social media has got us hooked and we can’t spend a single day without it.
But what is social media? Why is it so important and popular to a lot of people that even businesses are using it? What makes social media special?
Social media is described as a social instrument of communication. It is an online media platform where people can have conversation, share and create information and interact and participate with different people. Social media also means the use of various technologies to socialize, discover, read and share different kinds of information. The various forms of social media include blogs, Face Book, Twitter, YouTube, podcasts and microblogs.
Social media has become an important aspect in the lives of many people and in many businesses. But this page will discuss how important social media is to your business, be that big or small.
The following are the importance of social media in your business:
1. Social media allows you to develop your brand, a brand that will tell how different you are from other businesses.
2. Social media allows you to connect with people around the world, forging ties that can last a lifetime.
3. Social media allows you to interact faster with your customers, getting feedback and comments that are necessary for the improvement of your business.
4. And lastly, social media allows you to share valuable information to people and your customers helping you build good reputation and goodwill.
Social media is an instrument for communication but it is more than just an instrument. Social media, when used properly can be your partner for the growth of your business. It will help you increase your market, attract more customers and build lasting relationships.
Social media is important in every business. But how can you see if you are succeeding with your marketing campaign through social media? This is where various social monitoring tools come in.
Social media monitoring is about social listening. It is finding out how people view you and what people say about you. In order to carry this out, you need various social monitoring tools. The following are social monitoring tools which you can use in your business to increase your traffic.
1. Social Mention – This is a social media search engine that looks for keywords on social media platforms and also provides charts and illustrations on the number of mentions daily or weekly.
2. Twazzup – This is social media engine that is focused on Twitter. If you want to see how your brand is performing in Twitter, Twazzup can very well give you a full circle view.
3. Addict-o-matic – Allows you to create your own page with the latest buzz on a given topic. It also allows you to add as many popular sites as you want that will give you the information that you need.
4. BoardReader – This is community search engine that lets you know when your brand is discussed in various forums, blogs, posts and microblogs.
5. WatchThatPage – Lets you know when an update is made to an important Web page by sending your alerts.
6. Wildfire – Keeps tracks on how a brand is performing in Face Book or Twitter. It allows companies to create an interactive campaign that will be published in multiple networking sites.