Starting an Ezine is a step that a lot of web owners and online businessmen use in order to gain more revenue from the web. Find out how to do this too.
Ezines, or online newsletters, are becoming an increasingly popular marketing technique used by various companies. Like their hard copy equivalents, ezines can play an important role in the success of a business venture but without the huge additional expense needed in designing and producing printed newsletters.
Functions of an Ezine
- Creating a warm, trusting relationship between the business and its customers. By giving regular updates, ezines can help a business draw its customers in and make them feel truly valued.
- Disseminating information to your customers, whether it be updates on new products or services, changes in policies or rules and regulations, or updates in company officers, logos, brand, etc.
- Announcing special promotional offers, discounts, bundles, or site sale.
Benefits of Starting an Ezine
- Provides an affordable marketing medium for the company.
- Helps create brand identity and loyalty.
- Assists in reaching out to customers and fosters a feedback mechanism.
- Serves as a catalyst for sales.
What to Do When Starting an Ezine:
The easiest way to do this is to sign up with a mailing list service. There are affordable, legitimate companies that can take care of the technicalities of operating, managing and sending ezine issues to customers. Some of these are Topica, Yahoo! Groups, and Free Mailing Lists. These professionals will free up a lot of time for the business to focus on the contents of the ezine.
However, if the business does not want to subscribe to the professionals and wants to do things on their own, here’s how to go about starting an ezine.
- Create a mailing list consisting of customers’ email addresses by soliciting the information from the customers or by buying a list from another company.
- Invite customers to sign-up for newsletters. This is a must because some countries has legislation requiring each customer’s permission to receive ezines from companies. The trick to making the customers subscribe is by offering freebies or special benefits to ezine members.
- Design the ezine. Make sure that it is visually attractive to customers, so be sure to create a unifying look, including layout, font, colors. Also, decide on the types of articles that will be featured. Businesses can generate their own content, or they can get from sources online.
- Send the ezines to the addresses in the mailing list. For small businesses, this can be done through an official business email address. For bigger ones, you can subscribe to free software available on the Internet.