Viral Marketing Advertising is a method of promoting your business. Find out how it works and how it can help you earn more profit online.
A lot of companies are now using viral marketing to promote their products. This is a powerful and effective form of advertising that is equivalent to the word of mouth advertising that is done online.
To be more specific, viral marketing is defined as a marketing technique that uses web sites and its users to pass or relay a marketing message to others (can be another website or users). The effect of viral marketing creates a potentially exponential growth in the effect and visibility of your message.
Viral marketing emerged because of the popular notion that ideas can spread like virus. You as a company create an idea as a means to promote your business and your existing products. You send this idea to a person and he accepts it.
Through your idea, you were able to influence this person. Using the viral analogy term, you makes this person “infected”. This “infected” person will then relay the message to other people and if they accept it, they also become “infected”.
As long as each person shares your idea with others, the number of infected people grows. Your idea spreads in a viral form just like how a virus spreads from one person to another.
Why are more companies and advertisers turning on to viral marketing? Viral marketing is “creating a buzz” to promote your business. A lot are seriously considering it to market their products and services because of the following reasons:
- Viral marketing is free advertising. You don’t have to spend money in order to reach your intended market.
- Viral marketing creates both long term and short term gains. It enables you to attract visitors immediately and even for the years to come.
- Viral marketing grows exponentially and can reach a larger audience that can go global.
- Viral marketing is easy because it allows automation.
- Setting up viral marketing is inexpensive though it takes time to gain its benefits.
- Viral marketing allows you to create a brand for your business that will help you quickly build your reputation.
- Viral marketing helps you increase traffic to your website.
With viral marketing, you don’t have to spend huge amounts for your marketing campaigns. For viral marketing to work, you need to know the principles behind it. To make your viral marketing more powerful and effective, you need to properly combine the following elements:
1. Freebies. Create a reason for your customer to patronize your products and services and at the same time share the message to others. And to do this, you need to give away freebies or anything valuable for free.
2. Convenient means of transferring the message. For your message to become viral, it must be easy to transmit and replicate. The internet can be used as a medium for the fast and convenient means to transfer your message because it is inexpensive and simple.
3. Scalability. To have a viral advertisement, the transmission method should be scalable, meaning it should have the ability to handle rapid growth.
4. Common Motivation. To have a winning viral advertisement, your marketing strategy should be designed in a way that it is built o the common motivation and behavior of people.
5. Use existing communication networks. Place your advertisements on existing and available networks. You can try using affiliate programs and opt in email marketing.
6. Make use of other’s resources.
To be able to be successful in your viral advertisement campaign, you can use the following methods:
- Writing articles and then allow people to reprint your articles but make sure you get a link for every use of your article
- Make use of affiliate programs
- Create free eBooks
- RSS Feeds
- Send News Releases
- Link Exchange
- Viral Software